Friday, March 22, 2013

Day 26: My Words Are Bullets

Day 26: My Words Are Bullets 

"Trust is like paper, once its crumpled, it'll never be the same"
 My words: A projectile for firing from my heart, typically of metal, cylindrical and pointed, and lethal depending on the subject. Its been a while since I last blogged, a little less than 3 weeks. No, I didn't get bored, even with my extremely complex schedule, I still could've found 20 minutes to type a blog everyday. There are reasons, well, far too complex for most to understand. So basically, I felt as if I had lost the sense of privacy in my life. I was giving out my every day life, and even though there were no details, or if it was a touchy subject I'd talk about it briefly to avoid problems, I still had a much larger local crowd then I had expected. I started off thinking only 2 or 3 people who were my best friends were going to read my blog, not the majority of my grade with the ones who haven't heard of internet left out. That was the main reason. Well most of it. My blog had gotten me in a few arguments with someone who matters to me a lot, and I had put that person over me, and wanted to give it a break. Its a long story, and the thing that matters is that I'm back. I certainly still got it, so let's jump straight into it. My DJ career, something that matters to me a lot, and only my education and family might be on top of on my priority list. I have had the reputation of the new kid on the block, but the issue was I had the confidence of a senior DJ. The issue is, most people I DJ for are very greedy and unwilling to spend money. I don't do it for the money, but how the hell am I supposed to get new equipment or fix half of mine already, half of my shit isn't working. Not an issue, I wouldn't expect a majority of people in this third world country to understand that. The thing is, I had a friend who was pretty interested in it all become my partner, and me with the confidence of the senior had decided to take him in and teach him pretty much most of the things that can be taught. You'd expect friends, especially good friends to always have your back. Surprise surprise, after I throw him out with me and pick the songs for him and all he has to do is mix, he got the reputation to the point where people would argue he's better than me. After a while he picked up my basic track choice and used it on his own. Not an issue since he's a partner. What was surprising was that after he got a party on his own, he said it was "better" because I didn't choose the songs, when it was pretty much my song choice with a few he decided to add. Still not enough to push me over my limits. But then when he demanded a high amount of money for a party and got called a rip off for it and threw the blame on me, yeah, I had about quite enough. Now most my grade thinks I'm some money hungry dude. To the point where I over heard people who wanted a simple beat for a party say they should get him to do it assuming I would take money for it. I mean no one forces anyone to be there partner, but if you think you can easily do better alone, than that's really up to you. But its just a matter of respect, you can't put down someone who taught you most of what you know just cause you know the basics of how to mix songs, I mean come on, you couldn't even control the gain properly up until I came along. Now this? I mean fucking awesome, my mom would always tell me, don't teach anyone all you know, cause they'll eventually turn on you, guess moms was right. I'm not angry, I just feel offended. Yeah he didn't do it on purpose, but that doesn't change a single thing about what people think. You're gonna read this, and its really stupid how you acted, and I hope my ego didn't transfer onto you, cause its hella hard to control it. On the bright side, I'm back to blogging, and lets hope you guys are back to reading. With all due respect, Fiasco Out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment