Thursday, June 5, 2014

Day 58: At Dawn We Rage

Day 58: At Dawn We Rage 

I haven't blogged in a while however for the past few days I have been quite under the weather, I had a flu and then the day I recovered, food poisoning struck. Well I feel like I'm back on my feet. Fatigue sort of faded and now I'm feeling great. Well it's summer. But along with summer comes a lack of purpose and direction. Here's the difference between this summer and all the previous ones. Every summer, you possibly join summer night classes, or at least that was the case for me last summer. You know where your headed to, and that's obviously the next school year after the vacation is done. Well, this year, I don't know where I'm headed and won't know until August when the results are out. Not to mention I still haven't applied for a single university or college. Add to the mix I'm starting to doubt going for medicine (even though I know that's almost definitely the career path I'm taking). It's appealing cause I'm good at it, and it'll offer me satisfaction especially considering I'm helping people. It's not appealing because, it takes forever to get down, and forever to get a decent paying job, experience, and reputation. Add to the mix being a DJ is not option (sadly). Hoping it'll all sort out when my results coming. I'm just hoping my results are pretty good. I actually have an interesting theory that I'd like to share. So high school is over. Looking back, I sort of realized a few misconceptions. Where I'm from, culturally, religiously, and socially, drinking and smoking (and I don't mean cigarettes) are sort of looked down upon. For guys, and this is cause of the social inequality (if that's the correct terminology) present in this country, if you do any of those things, it's not a big deal. But if a girl does it, she's automatically gets called by people who don't know much about her a slut, hoe, or whatever. But what I've realized, is that, its actually sort of opposite, in both cases. Personally, I find guys who smoke weed quite obnoxious, sort of because 75% of conversations with them are about they're smoking experiences. "Dude once, I got so high"...no, shut the hell up, I couldn't care less. As for drinking, same issue. Nothing is worse than drunk guys. Especially in a country where 90% of the guys think the chicks will think it's hot to overdo how drunk you are and act wasted and go all crazy and claim they can't control themselves. That just makes them annoying and obnoxious. But for girls, here's why I think it's the opposite. Girls don't enjoy talking about they're getting high experiences. Like she's basically the same around you. When she's drunk, I mean its all fun and games until one of her friends who's wasted starts crying and the scene turns horribly lame and repetitive considered it happens nearly every time. Now you would think, that would make them more annoying then your "straight edge" girls here. But here's the twist, girls here who don't associate themselves with stuff are usually judgmental, and close minded. Of course, this doesn't apply to everyone, but to be honest, it applies to a fair share of people. I hang out with a lot of girls, and the amount of girls I've seen call other girls slut simply cause they have a different lifestyle is unbelievable. Not to mention, these girls are usually quite boring, and not even social. I mean recently I've heard that, I've seen a friend of mine judged simply cause she's grown close to me (even though this irrelevant but it's the same the concept). I understand a fair amount of females read my blog, so with all my heart, if you can remember once calling a girl a slut or hoe for smoking or drinking something, or even something as simple as hanging out with guys, fuck you for believing everyone should be like you and not being like you makes them bad. But of course, fuck you, with all due respect! Fiasco Out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment