Sunday, February 17, 2013

Day 17: Animal Rights

Day 17: Animal Rights

" The secret to outclassing your enemies, is to think ahead"
Apologies for not posting throughout the whole weekend. It was a very long, adrenaline filled weekend. Thursday was alright. Valentines didn't go as great as I expected, but emotions were the last thing I was concerned about that night (I find it pointless, so yeah, didn't really care). My mind set was on the party later on that night. After a day that didn't go as I had planned emotionally, I was worried about me being in such a mood where I couldn't perform to the standards I set for myself. So as the day went on, I set about preparing everything, tracks, ideas, and a quick re-cap of everything for myself. Packed up my equipment, and went about. It took a while for the place to get set up properly. After it did, guess instead of letting the stress hold me down, I let it motivate me to go harder at it. It wasn't like my best set ever, but surely reaches the top. Why? Cause this is the first electronic crowd I've dj'd for in this backward hip hip country. Basically Omar and I destroyed it. Next day, was a fair thing at a school. Its the usual stuff, hanging with friends, and talking and enjoying whatever we get. If your someone who remembers anything from my beginning blog, people from my old ghetto ass school were there. As usual, they started calling me names. I ignored, but then I notice something, my ex standing in the middle of that group. I as usual, pretend I don't hear, keep my cool, and simply hold my friend in my arms and she gets what I'm doing (I know I have a girlfriend, she wasn't there, had to do something). Kept that going on for pretty much the whole night. Next day, I'm out with Lil Man and Omar and another friend. He takes a picture of me, and Instagrams it. First comment, the ex calling me a name. Wasn't going to stay quiet, replied. A couple of my friends had my back. It was basically an all out comment battle in which we were clearly winning ( 3 against 1, she had no chance of outsmarting us). Kept on going for about a couple of ours, then I get a phone call, saying I had to "count my days" because I was going to "die". Funny, and if I was back in Year 7 would've been excited, but since I hate getting physical know. One of my friends calls and fixes shit. But then that psycho calls her brother and over exaggerates everything, and he asks to meet me downstairs. We talk, and both agree she was wrong for starting it. He isn't happy about Omar's comment (Won't lie, was encouraged by me, and took things a bit over the top). To hell with it, things have been quiet ever since yesterday, hope that it stays that way and things die out. I have parties coming up, tests, and lots of other things I need to direct my attention and energy toward. Fiasco Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment