Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Day 23: Baggy Pants

Day 23: Baggy Pants

"I don't idolize America, I'm dancing with the stars"
There's this talent show thing coming up. Its causing a huge issue in our school. Not negatively, but like that's all everyone is talking about. I'm not a talented person. I mean the only thing I have close to a talent is how I can listen to music, and break it down to even the smallest beats. Its something I like calling The "DJ Ear". Other than that I have the sixth sense when it comes to DJ'ing, something not any other DJ has like me, what I think separates me from the rest locally at least. I know what to play, and when to play it. So, here's the question, is what I do a talent or a skill, cause numerous people have told me that I should audition for this charity talent show. Firstly, DJ'ing is a skill. Almost anyone can do it with the countless weeks of practice. Picking the songs in gigs is what most people fail to achieve. I've been asked to scratch for this show. I mean lots of people in the world were blessed with a good voice. Some better, some lucky enough to make it to being a world superstar. I can spend a couple days planning out a scratch routine. Who would understand the preciseness I need to pull it off. A singer can miss a note and cover it up. If I push the crossfader a tad to much (The thing the controls the volume from the decks), push the vinyl turntables a millimeter off, scratch a wrong beat, the whole routine is ruined and it'll sound like rubbish. So it'll be a shame since I know the judges won't understand the technicality of my performance. Any who, school today seemed a bit down. My misses was absent, so I felt as if something major wasn't there. Her presence is something very vital to my mood, without her, I don't know, I'm just not me. Seems like Fiasco is becoming attached! Could be a problem if something happens, hope not though. Chelsea is playing Middlesbrough (Hope I spelled it right) later on, and it would put me in a good mood if we won! About the title, remember how I got in trouble for wearing skinny pants to school. My dad bought the school baggy pants for me, and they make me look like a clown. I mean I enjoy looking like a professional, but they make me look like a clown. Any who, short blog today. Here's a lyric to someone: Playa need a minute, Like a time out in tennis 'for I finish, How'd I get in this? Maybe 'was your hair, maybe 'was your flair, Maybe it's the heels and the way you wear, Maybe it's your real and the way you care, You don't care if I'm ill or a millionaire, The only thing that matters that the feeling's there. Fiasco Out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment